Friday, May 28, 2010

Prop 14 -open primaries

Wben in doubt, I always vote "NO" on California state propositions What started as a grassroots solution for voters - a chance for little people like myself to change policy- has morphed into quite the opposite. In today's reality, I figure anyone who can afford to get a measure on the ballot in the world's 6th largest economy is not someone with the "little person" in mind. However, Prop 14 which opens all California primaries is an exception. I read an excellent editorial in the LA Times and have found support among many knowledable people whom I trust. I don't usually offer voting advice unless asked, but I think this is an important one. Read the editorial here: http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/editorials/la-ed-prop14-20100526,0,577154.story

No comments:

Post a Comment